- Client : SNCF (French railways)
- Period : From 1999 to 2004
- Country : Europe, France
- Market : Infrastructure, Public Rail Transport Transport
- Domain / Subdomain : Conceptual & Basic design (FEED), Engineering Procurement Construction Contracting Engineering Procurement Construction Management Environmental Impact Assessment & Permitting EXECUTION FEASIBILITY Feasibility Studies & Basic Design Owner’s or Lender’s Engineer
Tractebel Engineering was the Owner’s Engineer for the construction of Section C of the high-speed rail line LGV Est. The line runs for some fifty kilometres through the French Marne region.
The project comprised:
- 47km of new high-speed rail track
- 3km of connections to the existing track
- 7 million cubic metres of earthworks in chalk and silt
- 3 viaducts
- 37 routine bridges (road bridges or rail bridges)
- A temporary site for the preparation of track and signaling equipment
Tractebel Engineering was responsible for the civil works, technical assistance to the project owner and the environmental impact and landscape impact studies.
Follow-up of procedures defined by the French government, and the topographical, environmental, soil, geological and geotechnical studies.
This project was Réseau Ferré de France’s first project with the input of a private engineering company.