- Client : AREVA NP
- Period : From 2008 to 2012
- Country : China, South Asia
- Market : Energy, New Plants Nuclear
- Domain / Subdomain : Conceptual & Basic design (FEED), Detailed Design EXECUTION FEASIBILITY
Tractebel Engineering performed the civil engineering studies for the nuclear island at the Taishan site in China that houses two European Pressurized Reactor (EPR) units.
Tractebel Engineering was responsible for...
- The civil engineering studies for the buildings (ships), in particular the reactor building (reinforced and prestressed concrete; height: 70m, width: 150m, length: 150m)
- Realizing the coffering plans and the steel framework of the execution works
- Realizing the construction plans for the liners of the swimming pool and the steel structure
- Delivering assistance to the Chinese client (CNPDC) in realizing part of the steel framework on its premises at Shenzen
- Offering technical support on-site during construction
Tractebel Engineering provided substantial technical expertise and several innovative solutions in civil engineering structures, liners and structural steel design. We fluently implemented a high number of design modifications, and made several design changes at the client’s request. Moreover, by maintaining a rapid production pace, we were able to meet our client’s demanding time constraints.